I spent the past week or so in St. Louis visiting Brad and then carpooling to Memphis for the Lynx 5-year reunion, woo hoo! Seeing Brad in his full-time dorm life was great (minus that nasty all-night smoke alarm), and we had ample time to catch up in our 9 hours of driving. It's so refreshing to spend such a concentrated amount of one-on-one time with someone you don't get to do much more than Gchat with! I loved getting an in-depth snapshot of his life and am grateful to have another Southerner to bitch to about the impending Midwestern doom called Winter.
Then Memphis, as per usual, was a blast. It's good to know we haven't lost any spark in our "old age" and still are fine abusing open bars, conquering late night food, and sneaking alcohol past cops on Beale Street (do not look at me for this one name rhymes with Smackie). Facebook has certainly taken away a lot of the discoveries that you get to experience after not seeing someone for 5 years, so there wasn't too much catty commentary after our reunion events. Instead, the phrase "Okay, so I'm a stalker and I saw that you..." started off the majority of conversations. So weird, right?! I would say that social media would discourage us from participating from future reunions, but truthfully, we'll take any excuse we can get to share a cup from the Keurig, revive ourselves at Fino's, stay up until 3 a.m. talking, and then do it all over again the next day. Roll on, Lynx cats!
2 comments:
Get the ball y'all, get the ball.
it was awesome how much things were back to the days of old. we even heard an "are you guys whispering about me?" :)
Post a Comment