Thursday, November 11, 2010

travel season is over

Things are good, people, things are good. Those two recent trips were exactly what I needed to get back in the saddle with a positive outlook that a great job is on the horizon for me! Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that I slacked off on job hunting while out of town, so there were a ton of things to apply to when I got back, but WHATEVER. I'll take it!

So let's talk about Austin. A.maz.ing. I haven't been back in three long months, and driving into a warm, sunny city filled with breakfast tacos, queso, and impromptu dance parties was literally all I could have asked for. And I had Brian in tow for this trip, which made it extra fun as always (except when he was playing Angry Birds in the car for the entire drive while I was stuck behind the wheel what who said that). There was so much to love about our trip, starting with:
  • Staying at Carly and Stephen's, our kindred spirit couple. Sorry for keeping y'all up both nights until after 3 a.m. but hey it was awesome, right? We are working on transporting them to Chicago via our new insert genius teletransporting method.
  • Oh my God I cannot even start talking about the food. Austin is the shit, and everywhere else sucks. I'm looking at you Torchy's and Tiff's Treats.
  • I have to say, the Austin girls really brought it this past weekend. Both of the engagement parties we went to were so great...I was on cloud nine being around all of my loves. But even better was the nightlife. The fact that I thought I had sprained both of my ankles from our Cork Room extravaganza is a very, very good thing.
  • Town Lake! B and I had time to take a quick walk to see my Dad's brick and make sure, you know, the mortar hadn't moved or anything. Kayakers, ducks, kiddie trains, dogs, happiness.


  • Having a full schedule. We made the most out of our trip, fo sho. Lunch with the bosses and their babies, brunch with AmySallyMegan, football at Pluckers where we learned about Justin's twight...twitter fight, and dinner with Jenilee's fam (thank you for not stealing back our chiminea).
  • And finally, we loved spending our last night in the old 'hood with Ashley and Sean (and Emily and Megan!). Nothing like watching TV with our favorite narcoleptic. As a sidenote, I threw up in the middle of the night which is EXACTLY the same thing that happened on our last night in Austin in August! I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill, but could this be a sign that I'm not supposed to leave?! Don't answer that.
On that note, I'm happy to report that as awesome as our weekend was, we were both so excited to get back and get in the swing of things at our own apartment, in our great city, with our pretty kitty...which is just what I was hoping for.




3 comments:

Jackie said...

That food looks AWES! Glad you had fun!

(Also - holy crap - Brian's hair is REALLY long! I've not seen a picture recently, I guess.)

katie said...

mmmm. i would have gotten the fried avocado!

Lundy said...

Dude, your recap was perfect. Everyone did bring it, I feel like you're due some sort of credit for it. No one could stop dancing!

Miss you guys already!