Friday, April 30, 2010

living at the coffee shop

My first official week of unemployment has been nothing at all like you would expect! In all fairness, I did schedule my final day for last Friday specifically because I wanted to have this week free for finishing up school, but holy crapshnozzle did I not expect to be this busy! I have worked all day, every day, and several nights until well after 1 a.m. Oh except for Wedding Wednesday, when I had a disastrous 3-hour hair/makeup trial and then spent the next 2 hours ripping our "suit guy" a  new one when I found out that our groomsmen received purple-striped suits with bright-purple-backed vests...i.e. not the ones we ordered. I guess we should've known when one of the groomsmen told Brian that he thought the suits were "pimp." Next time, we'll pay more attention to diction...

Thank Jehovah my major capstone class ends tomorrow, but right now that gives me next-to-no-comfort! I've dedicated the whole week to editing and revising our class' business plan (fortunately, there were some other people on board helping with this) and am burning copies of it for our client as we speak. I still can't rest until 1) It's successfully printed and bound, 2) Our final group meeting is over, and 3) We deliver our final presentation tomorrow. Gross. I still have a paper, presentation, and final exam due for my other class on Tuesday, but I'm allowing myself tomorrow afternoon for a much-needed break! Then back to crunching on Sun-Tues, then........drumroll......FINITO!




3 comments:

b|rad said...

home stretch! it's been a long time in the making and you're almost there. From now on, I will forever refer to you as Mrs. Laura Blanton "LB" DesGranges, MBA.

Congrats friend! So excited for you to be finished!

Amy said...

Master Laura comin' atcha!!!

Anonymous said...

Mama - please stop neglecting me!

Love,
the (extra)ordinary blog