Friday, April 23, 2010

Apple 14: Lady Alice

I met a little piece of heaven, and her name was Alice.


Taste: Upon my first bite, I literally exclaimed "mmmm!" out loud (which I'm sure raised some eyebrows from my bosses). The LA, if you will, has an extremely unique taste - it almost doesn't taste like an apple at all. In fact, I think it tastes like a papaya with a hint of orange. An orangaya.

Texture: Extra juicy and smooth.

Price: $2.49 / lb.! Short of a grapple, this is the most expensive apple I've seen. 

Attractiveness: Edible sunset. Go ahead, try to not like that. 

Rating: So I guess by my glowing review, you'd expect the LA to pull some big numbers here, but I believe she's just too darn sweet for regular snackage. I would reserve this for a delicious dessert, or maybe even stew it and serve it with ice cream! But I'd never pay $2.49 on a regular basis, which means the LA gets 6.5 seeds. 





No comments: