Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Apple 10: Macintosh

I have to preface this by telling you that I ate a Macintosh last week and I was disappointed. It looked like this: 
Pretty ugly. So I tasted it, wrote my little review, and accidentally forgot to post it. 

Then, I was at the store on Friday and saw this crazy looking apple and thought "I should eat me one of those," and then realized it was also a Macintosh, except this time it looked like this:
 

Which led me to believe that the first time around, I might've gotten a bad apple. 
(oh how long I've waited to say that!) 

Taste: The first Mac had the distinct aftertaste of licorice! How strange. The second one was less ripe so the flavor was tart but less licorce-y. 

Texture: Gushy, ew ew ew. I had the same response to the second apple as well. The skin was also waxy which is not something you want going down the pipe.

Price: $1.28 / lb.

Attractiveness: I'm digging the exposed-film look.

Rating: 3 seeds, and 1 of those is purely because I didn't gag, and the other 2 are for the bitchin' look it's got going on. (Wow, that did not work at all). I don't want to eat one of these again unless I find out it was out-of-season or is supposed to be a cooking apple or something. THERE MUST BE AN ANSWER.





3 comments:

Jackie said...

i think it is a cooking apple. my stepmom makes a friggin awesome apple pie & her recipe calls for macintosh only.

Jackie said...

i just posted something but it didn't show up...

i said that i think the mac is a cooking apple. my stepmom makes an awe-some apple pie & her recipe calls for macintosh only.

LB said...

(I can see your first post too, weird). What are the chances I could get the recipe to said "friggin awesome pie"?? Love a good pie.