
I never thought I'd say this, but on this monumental Election Day, I woke up feeling like a little kid on Christmas morning! Which I hope is an indication that the Lord Savior Obama himself is here to save our nation. Now don't go letting that right wing flutter you up into a frenzy...I'm just acknowledging that today I'm more hopeful and scared for the future of our country than I've ever, ever been. Living and breathing the financial Titanic at work has given me this constant tourette-tick feeling that our generation doesn't have any idea of the gravity of what's happening around us (myself included). I certainly hope I'm wrong. But I feel like today could very well be the day that we look back when we're old fogies and remember that that day — the one where it hit 80 degrees in November, where we watched the results come in at our favorite bar, where we spent most of the night trying failing to get Peters to take birthday shots, and where we let the Sticks N Stones set the literal tone for the chaos, anxiety, and release — that day set a series of events into motion that inevitably changed everything.
1 comment:
i'm so glad we got to share such a historical moment together (even if it involved a brief drunken roommate debacle). thanks for your help with that! and as I appreciate the gesture for the offered birthday shots, I am not as young as I used to be, so a weeknight birthday was not the night to really test that out. granted, i did take the next day off hangover-free. :) it was glorious.
Post a Comment