Friday, August 28, 2009

tiny taste of freedom

I had a great surprise on Wednesday. After an entire morning of enduring the typical stomach knot that I get every time class is in session, I checked my syllabus to see which campus my class was on that night (clearly I'm very prepared), only to find that class doesn't start until next week!

The ridiculous rush of freedom I got afterwards just highlighted what life is going to be like for me once school is done. I mean, if I was elated to not have to do homework for another six days, I cannot even imagine what it will be like to never have to do homework again ever ever. Grad school has become such a constant presence in my life (3.5 years now...) that sometimes I forget what it was like to never have that little nagging voice in the back of my head anytime I do anything fun because theoretically, instead of doing that, I should be studying. Such an inconvenient little reminder. 

For now though, I have another weekend of freedom, which is fantastic! I doubt it can beat last weekend in Memphis, which was deliciously full of nonstop catching up, but I don't know ... my 8-hour "bike traffic skills" class will be a pretty close second. 





No comments: