You know what I need right now? A bike ride and a brewsky. Independently, each could slightly assuage this gloominess. But together, they're as good as valium.
Maybe to Crown & Anchor? Or better yet, the Draught House? I want to go there until I can stick my finger through its seams. It should be awkward, this little bier garten plopped between a Leggoland of one-story office buildings. But it's not. It's perfect. A juxtaposition that gently turns you to face picnic tables and bamboo plants and a just-barely-high-enough wooden fence. Go ahead, it says, it's your microcosm now. Parking lot tailgaters play Sticky Fingers and lament corporate leeches, and I know I am not cool enough to be there. But I'll drink their microbrew (cheap and delicious) as long as they'll let me. I'll leave my helmet on the bike handles because no one here would steal it anyway. I'll read The Onion out loud to you and argue with you over the crossword. Let's go soon, you and me.
1 comment:
"lament corporate leeches" - ha! do you think people with jobs related to the stock market are "corporate leeches" ... wait a minute...
ps - you need to blog more! this once/twice a week thing doesn't come CLOSE to filling enough time at work.
Post a Comment