Thursday, February 21, 2008

popping my political cherry

Tonight will be a first for me. You'd think by 25 (ok, almost 25) I'd have done this already, but I shamefully regret to inform you that tonight I'll be watching my first political debate. After years of eschewing politics altogether (that's what having two cops, a lawyer, and a judge in your family will do to you), I guess it's about time I start caring. I can't even vote in the stupid primary because I'm still registered to vote in Tennessee. Sloth. But since this debate will be just down the street, I care more now. Proximity will do that to you. Business school will do that to you. Besides, 25 years of apathy is just kind of embarrassing.

I'm excited about tonight for more than just the idea that Texas could make or break this primary. That's great and all, but I'm more interested to digest their tactics and see just how politely two people can fight. Maybe they'll even be good models for substantiating my own arguments. I've always appreciated a Devil's advocate, and I'm ready to be impressed.



1 comment: