Tuesday, February 5, 2008

in the spirit of sacrifice

I only started recognizing Lent last year. I thought it made more sense to leave sacrifice to the Catholics, because frankly I preferred just leaving my habits the way they were. But then my old roommate (an ex-Catholic) gave me the sarcastic "Well I'm sure Jesus would've preferred to not haul a cross through the desert either" spiel and I had no choice but to give in.

So, these are the choices I've come up with for L2K8, ranging from hardest to give up to easiest:
-procrastinating
-queso
-complaining
-coffee
-chocolate
-reality TV

None of these things are good for me, which is of course why they made the cut. So weighing the options...reality TV is the only thing on now, thanks Writer's Guild. Procrastinating is what allows me to MySpace stalk and blog. I think I deserve queso and chocolate. Plus I've always favored medians rather than outliers, so it's down to complaining versus coffee. Both make my stomach hurt. Both I'm probably better off without. But coffee stains my teeth, and I can't afford to have my teeth whitened so ding ding ding we have a winner! Plus, I always like a good diatribe :)




No comments: