Ah, to be in a long distance relationship...I almost forgot what it was like! I have to say, I don't know how we did it for so long. Brian just finished his annual month-long pilgrimage in Miami, and I was super ready for him to come home! I tried to really relish a few things in his absence, including getting more sleep, having the car at my disposal (since normally we share), and working as much as I need to (without being tempted to throw in the towel to go hang out with him). As you can see, the list is short and not too distinguished. The truth is, he's a great husband and my life never feels restrained with him in it, so it doesn't really feel "free-er" when he's gone. The good thing is, he had a complete blast in Miami. Audiences loved the show he was a part of and he got to go to the beach, play poker, go fishing, rent a motorcycle and drive down the keys (JEALOUS) and see lots of cool shows/bands/etc. All while getting paid. It's a pretty good gig :)
Despite a few moments when I thought this long-distance thing was not my cup of tea anymore, I've had some really fun things interspersed to keep me distracted! My big excursion was to Austin for Rachel & Justin's wedding...such a sweet event! They wrote their own vows (including vows to his daughter) and I basically cried through the whole ceremony, awesome. Let's also note that Rachel looked amazing as well and they danced all night - very picturesque.
Sadly the weekend was really short, but I got to see everyone who was in town and squeezed in a lot of QT with the girls during the 48 hours I was there. The weather was perfectamundo and made me miss Tejas hard. Every meal I had was outdoors except for the actual wedding dinner (but the apps were outdoors!) which is pretty amazing.
I have to say, I'm just so torn every time I go back. There's just this feeling I get when I'm there...and I've overanalyzed the crap out of it to no avail...but I think because I grew up there when I was little and now I associate the city strongly with my dad, it just feels so right. Then again, every time I visit it feels tinier. Chicago is SO BIG, and to a fault at times, but there's an incredible energy that comes with that. There are so many cool things that go on, at all times. Plus it's strange to run into people you know. I don't know, I just really like the hustle and bustle and am not sure how it would feel to go back to feeling like you know everyone. The cities are so different and they're impossible to compare! But in a few months we'll re-sign our lease here, so I guess no formal comparison is needed just yet :)
Despite a few moments when I thought this long-distance thing was not my cup of tea anymore, I've had some really fun things interspersed to keep me distracted! My big excursion was to Austin for Rachel & Justin's wedding...such a sweet event! They wrote their own vows (including vows to his daughter) and I basically cried through the whole ceremony, awesome. Let's also note that Rachel looked amazing as well and they danced all night - very picturesque.
Sadly the weekend was really short, but I got to see everyone who was in town and squeezed in a lot of QT with the girls during the 48 hours I was there. The weather was perfectamundo and made me miss Tejas hard. Every meal I had was outdoors except for the actual wedding dinner (but the apps were outdoors!) which is pretty amazing.
loved enjoying the warm breeze on the porch
with Megan in my old 'hood (on my old bench!)
Sno Beach with Amy & Matt...So. Delicious.
late night with the ladies at Sidebar - hugs!
1 comment:
man, i have so been off the blog-wagon lately. i don't know when you changed your cover pic, but me likey! i also "likey" this post. my takeaway is, "she's coming back!!!" (yes, i read the other less-sure parts of the post and yes, i dismissed them immediately). who knows. maybe, just maybe we'll live in the same place for once! TPN ATX? :)
Post a Comment