Snowstar
Last month while Brian was working, I went to Kim's hometown in Western Illinois with some of our friends to visit the local ski hill. And let's be clear that when I say hill, I actually mean hill. It was great for me though because every time I ski with Brian...God bless him but he pushes me pretty hard...so this time I could ski on my own terms! Since there was really anything to "push" toward (the steepest run was like 200 feet of what would equate to a Colorado blue), I spent a lot of time just working on my skillz. That's right. The kind with a Z.
Last month while Brian was working, I went to Kim's hometown in Western Illinois with some of our friends to visit the local ski hill. And let's be clear that when I say hill, I actually mean hill. It was great for me though because every time I ski with Brian...God bless him but he pushes me pretty hard...so this time I could ski on my own terms! Since there was really anything to "push" toward (the steepest run was like 200 feet of what would equate to a Colorado blue), I spent a lot of time just working on my skillz. That's right. The kind with a Z.
Kim, Mark, Jackson, Abbey, Jay & me
matching $3 walmart hats - there was no saying no
Kim's family farm (rather, corn field)...so pretty
She and Mark get married here in September!
check out that gnarly run in the background
this was Jay's first time snowboarding but he'd already bought a matching jacket & pants, boots, and a snowboard. good thing he liked it.
Notably, we also went tubing, which was my first time! Tubing is I guess like sledding, but since I haven't really done that either, I can't be sure. They had a huge hill with four lanes, and you could innertube down by yourself or tie your tube together with a few others. Holy crap. This was reminiscent of my ridiculous happiness on the slip 'n slide, just with more screams and a side of tears (from laughing so hard). Actually I caused some 8-year-old to ask one of my friends "What's wrong with that girl?" to which they naturally answered "Oh, she's from Texas." Cool.





1 comment:
BHAHAHAHHA. So true. I now manage Denver and so many cold states and they all just smirk and sigh, rightttt you're from Texas, we forget. :)
Miss you tons!!
Post a Comment