Tuesday, October 25, 2011

fourth meals = friendship


Last weekend we got a very special visit from some very special friends: Amy & Matt! (Well Matt was my special friend by association before the weekend, but now we're friends of the real variety).

I'm not even sure where to begin - maybe at the end, when they left on Monday and I went into an MPF (major pissy funk), which was directly correlated to how much fun I'd had over the past few days. Some major accomplishments of the weekend included late night bowling with old drunk people, a house party, a 90s hip hop cover band concert, sightseeing without exhaustion, two group fourth-meals, and running 14 miles at 8 am. Oh wait, that last one was just Matt, because he's insane. (Is there a nice way to say "insane"? Because that's the way I want to say it.)


But more than anything, I just loved getting to know Matt better and getting to spend so much one-on-one time with Amy. She's long distance from both of us, so I hope it was a nice two-fer for her too! So glad they were both willing to give up a weekend of alone time together to share with us. (P.S. If we all ever live in the same city, we are going to dominate.)

I would like to thank Brian for letting me call the shots, Matt for not checking us into AA, and Amy for being endlessly awesome. Please come back in 42 months when it's warm again!!!!





No comments: