Today wasn't my actual first day of being unemployed, but it was the first day that I really FELT unemployed. The two are totally different situations. As I have trouble ever sitting still and such, I hope you are totally amazed at my ability to have watched 5 hours of Netflix TV in one day - and counting (the night is young, peeps). I slept until 11, then started a PBS series on National Parks so Brian and I will know what the F we're looking at on our trip, and then we topped that off with 3 episodes of LOST.
When LOST began in 2004, I was still in college and thus had no time for such things. For whatever reason, I missed my small window of opportunity to begin watching the series while I was out of school. Then, once I'd started back with classes and the show's popularity was really heating up, I knew I again had no time for such things. Because once I start, IIIIIIIIIIIIIII can't stop!
Fast forward 4 years.
So Brian and I are looking through Netflix's live-streaming options for a movie on Tuesday night. I'm generally disappointed by the options but have consented to watch the Life of David Gale. Then. LOST appears. And I realize that the one thing standing between me and this TV show that my friends have been obsessed over for years....is now gone. GONE. Thus, it's ON!!!!!!
We're already on Episode 11 of the first season and I don't know how on earth we're going to finish this before we leave for our GART (Great American Road Trip) in 3 weeks but we've gotta make it happen, because no way am I going to watch this crap on a tiny handheld DVD player (that we don't even own) while I'm in the middle of the woods. I'm tense enough in my perfectly suburban house with an alarm. I most absolutely would decide that we were going to be eaten/flayed/tortured/killed if we were watching this from the inside of a tent!!!!
So okay, with that, back to the tube...
1 comment:
ha - that's awes! how great is that streaming feature on netflix??
also - we watched some of the national park shows when they were on - it really makes you want to visit them - so, uh, well timed, guys!
Post a Comment