Tuesday, December 15, 2009

excuuuuuse you

So I did some freelance work for the January issue of a magazine here called Rare, and in the process I got to interview one of my favorite people in Austin, Fayruz, who is a partner at a nonprofit consulting firm. I talked to her when I first moved here about general career advice and the consulting industry in Austin, and I instantly loved her - she's full of all sorts of fascinating info.

During our interview, she got off on a tangent (this is when the best stuff comes out) and told me about how dairy farms are under pressure to reduce their carbon emissions. But, it's not due to general manufacturing plant issues. No - the real environmental sinners are the cows, sheep, etc. It turns out that 1/4 of the methane released into the atmosphere every year comes from them. 

FROM THEIR BELCHES.

Look it up, holmes.



No comments: