If you recall from last year, I'm not all that into New Year's resolutions. A recent discussion about them led to the possibility of giving up cheese in 2009, which led to a would you rather give up oral sex or cheese for the rest of your life debate, something you should think long and hard about before answering. McAdams, in response to a previous question, had already decided to dispense Easy Cheese from her belly button, so you can imagine her conundrum. Anyway, I'm not giving up any of that. But I have been thinking that one thing I could probably maybe sorta kinda work on is my ever-dwindling patience. I recently found myself wanting to give out impromptu colonoscopies like candy canes, and, well, you know. That's not cool. In the spirit of making practicing patience fun!, I decided I could start by watching more movies. It sounds kind of ridiculous I guess, but really, forcing myself to sit down for 2 hours rarely happens. I'm too afraid that I'll end up wasting my time, and I hate waiting for stories to build. But as a consequence, my personal imdb is disgraceful...as you may have noticed.
I'm proud to say I've already seen 5 movies in 9 days (the starring is really just proof that I didn't fall asleep).
Doubt (★★★ 1/2)
Burn After Reading (★★★ 1/2)
High Fidelity (★★★★)
There Will Be Blood (★★★★)
WALL-E (★★ 1/2)
I've been anxious to discuss the movies afterwards, so all in all, I'd say my non-resolution-resolve is panning out pretty nicely so far! And I'm even accumulating new knowledge, like the fact that Alan Greenspan produced High Fidelity. See? Look how smart and patient I am!
7 comments:
There is a huge problem with your rating system - nobody knows out of how many stars there are.
Also There Will Be Blood is a three hour piece of self-indulgent shit. LOOK AT ME I AM ACTING!!!!!! Just imagine Daniel Day-Lewis saying that every time he opens his mouth
Had you really never seen High Fidelity? I love that movie.
Jason - there are 5 stars. Duh. And I can't even talk to you about DDL.
Amanda - I really hadn't. BUT I did read the book, and then watched the movie, and Brian and I are now throwing a High Fidelity party (evite to come), soooo I'd say the obsession is in full swing.
sorry about this morning - equity strategies asked me to do something, and when they ask, i jump. but - in relation to your post - is Doubt worth seeing in the theatre - or could i wait for video?
I understand. When my bosses ask me to get coffee, I run :)
As to Doubt, I don't know -- I really enjoyed it and the music really sets the mood, so I'd say maybe theater (esp. if you're going to rent from Ballbuster, which is $5 now -- might as well pay a few more for the real deal). But if you have Netflix, I'd just rent it and turn the music up really loud.
ummm...2 1/2 measly stars for wall-e??!
i don't think i can talk to you anymore.
Post a Comment